Wordle

Wordle: sarah

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Industrial Farming

When I go to the grocery store I guess I never realized that a lot of the foods and meats are raised and grown on an industrial farm. I eat the food and it never really occurs to me where the food came from. I think that a lot of people are unaware of industrial farming and its affects on the earth and to your health. By using the industrial farming method the food we buy is cheaper in price. Also we are normally promised an abundance of available food. Besides all these good things there are others that are bad. There is more contaminated surface water from all the animal wastes on farms and the chemicals used on the crops. Just using the chemicals and pesticides alone on the food we eat could be damaging to our health. I think that is why a lot of families are looking now towards buying organic even though it is more expensive. With the use of industrial farming also comes pollution which is never good for the atmosphere. I don't know how exactly to reverse these trends caused by industrial farming. I beieve that people will keep eating the food produced by industrial farming. We could think of new ways to safely remove of animal wastes and healthier ways to grow crops without using pesticides. Also we can find better ways to fuel all the farming machines. All this will take time but in the future it will be better for the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment